
These are my children, starting with the left, is Lilo, Dapper, and Bolt. This picture was taken on Easter this '09 in my front yard by the berry bushes/stickers. They are my pride and joy, and many times they shock and surprise me with the things they do. For instance, just this week Bolt swallowed a dime. Horrifying, yes! When I first realized he was choking, I was frozen to my seat. Though I've been trained to do otherwise, my anxiety paralyzed every fiber of my being. Thank the Lord, Bolt did swallow it and passed it just yesterday. It did not remain lodged in his throat or get stuck in his intestines. For that, I am grateful. We have had the discussion many, many times, Bolt and I, that we are not supposed to put anything in our mouths that is not food.
As a parent, many things happen that are out of my control, and I must trust that God's hand of protection is on my children. If I did not have Him, I would worry constantly.
Well, aside from the dime incident, we did many other things this week. Lilo attended a birthday party at pump-it-up--the inflatable party zone that resides indoors.
We enjoyed a day of sun at our beach with lil' Raven and his mama.
Bolt discovered that Lilo's stroller was just big enough for our family dog, Duke. And he spent hours just rolling him around the house...
Dapper attended a magic show while Bolt and Lilo enjoyed Vacation Bible school with lil Raven.
Life in this household is never dull. It's constantly changing; with change comes a renewed desire to do better, hold to what's important, and let go of the things we cannot improve. Until next time,
Froggy


No comments:
Post a Comment